Tower Bridge is a must-see for any first-time visitor to London, and its proximity to major attractions of London like the South Bank and the Tower of London makes it easy to incorporate into any sightseeing plan.
Tower Bridge is a 19th-century structure and the most opulent bridge of the twenty-first century. One of the primary design considerations for Tower Bridge was for the vehicle traffic to allow crossing the Thames without obstructing boat traffic. It is a drawbridge that can be raised to let river traffic pass.
What to do near Tower Bridge?
- Take a leisure stroll across Tower Bridge to experience the British capital.
- The Tower Bridge Exhibition offers a rare chance to see the inner workings of the bridge and see how it was built and operated. You get a chance to view the original Victorian engines that were used to raise and lower the bascule using a combination of steam power and hydraulics as part of the display. You may also learn how the bridge functions right now.
- Try out different local coffee shops near the bridge to experience British culinary culture.
- Walk along the most famous Thames in Bermondsey, which has stylish riverside flats. The view of Tower Bridge from here is stunning.
- Be a part of the preserved history on Shad Thames, a historic riverside street next to Tower Bridge. This street includes several cafes, lounges, shops, and restaurants. Shop or eat, fulfill all your desires of being in this oldest yet developed part of the city.
- Tour the most beautiful historic churches on the Thames, like St. Helen's Church, St. Mary's Church, Fulham All Saints Church, Chelsea Old Church, and many more.
- Eat your way through Brick Lane, lying in the borough of Tower Bridge. This place is famous for Asian curry houses.
- Go on a shopping spree in Old Spitalfields Market for souvenirs and lots more.
- The Ivy, one of the most well-known eateries near Tower Bridge, is in a prime spot on the southern bank of Thames that you can't miss out on.
- Tavolino, one of London's top outdoor eating locations near Tower Bridge, offers unimpeded views of the Thames, the Tower Bridge, and Tower of London. There is a sizable outside patio that is cordoned off from onlookers.
- Le Pont de la Tour can be found in the Shad Thames neighborhood. This riverfront restaurant specializes in French cuisine and is one of the most incredible places to enjoy exquisite dining near Tower Bridge.
- One of the nicest restaurants close to Tower Bridge is Restaurant Story, tucked away on Tooley Street. This restaurant offers fine dining options with a 10-course meal.