Petco Stadium is home to the San Diego Padres, a very successful MLB franchise. This ballpark, located smack dab in the heart of downtown San Diego, first opened its doors in 2004. Special attributes of this stadium, which can fit up to 42,445 fans, include a beach area beyond the outfield fence and the inclusion of the historic Western Metal Supply Co. building.
There have been a broad variety of events held at Petco Park over the years, from the 2016 MLB All-Star Game to various World Baseball Classic tournaments and a number of concerts. Other than baseball games, the stadium is used for soccer matches and concerts.
What to do at Petco Park?
- The main reason to visit Petco Park is to catch a San Diego Padres game. Whether you're a die-hard fan or just seeking a good time, a game at this stadium will not disappoint.
- A guided tour of Petco Park is available for those curious about the stadium's background and layout. Tours often take you to areas of the stadium that are off-limits to supporters, such as the dugout and press box.
- The Padres Hall of Fame is a collection of exhibits and displays honoring the team's history that can be found within Petco Park. Take a swing in the batting cage and learn about the team's history while reliving some of their greatest moments.
- Take Your Pick from a Wide Selection of Delicious Eats and Drinks Petco Park serves everything from traditional ballpark favorites like hot dogs and nachos to cutting-edge creations from the culinary world, like sushi and local brews, for your dining pleasure. Hodad's Burgers, Lucha Libre Gourmet Taco Shop, and Phil's Barbecue are just a few of the many famous restaurants in the area.
- Located in the midst of downtown San Diego, Petco Park provides breathtaking cityscape views, especially during golden hour. Go around the outside of the stadium for a different perspective, or ascend to the upper decks for a bird's eye view.
- The Park is a big grassy space behind the Petco Park outfield fence where fans can relax and enjoy some downtime. Here, you can enjoy a picnic, play, or just relax in the sunshine while watching the game on the big screen.
- In addition to baseball games, Petco Park hosts a variety of other events throughout the year, including concerts, festivals, and even yoga classes on the field. Check the stadium's calendar to see what's coming up.